Menu

Dutch Reformed Church, Robinsky Street, Williston

  • ST-9-2-1070004

    Photo: Andrew Hall

  • ST-9-2-1070004-02

History:

This neo-Gothic church, the cornerstone of which was laid on 12 November 1912, was erected by the builder Van der Hoven in the years 1912-1913 from locally procured stone and other material. The church was officially consecrated on 31 August 1913 by the Rev. S. H.Kuhn.

Visual Description:

Imposing cruciform stone building with pointed Gothic windows and doorways. Porches on three sides. Corrugated iron roof. Sturdy tower with spire and weather-cock. Ornamental diagonal butresses at corners.

Site Features:
Condition: Good
Construction Date: 1912
Materials:
Catalogue: , No: , Significance Category:

Admin Comments:
Inscription: On buttress below steeple ’2 Nov:/1912′
Photo By Andrew Hall a

Photo By Andrew Hall c

Place Categories: Building, Grade II, Heritage Sites and Provincial Heritage Site.Place Tags: 9/2/107/0004.

Related Listing

1 comment

  1. Webmaster - Site Admin, October 21, 2013 11:37 - Dutch Reformed Church, Robinsky Street, Williston

    .

       -  

Place Comment

You must be logged in to post a review.

Report this?

Send To Friend

Captcha Verification
captcha image

Send Enquiry

Captcha Verification
captcha image

Claim Listing

What is the claim proccess?

Captcha Verification
captcha image

Local Directories

Follow Us!

Quick Info

Ngwao Boswa Kapa Bokoni